- At the moment I am considering giving up my beloved LUSH products. They've created a limited edition bubble bar in part of their campaign against the Canadian seal hunt. The proceeds from this project are going to Sea Shepherd Conservation society. Have you watched Whale Wars? Even when I can agree with Sea Shepherd I find their actions irresponsible. I cannot support a group that is willing to put the lives of people at risk, and I'm not just talking about the marine mammal hunters. After a few episodes of Whale Wars I was flabbergasted at the risk they took with the lives of their own crew. I also find the facts as presented by the CBC are more credible than that of Sea Shepherd (beware graphic images). As an omnivore I feel it would be hypocritical of me to support a complete ban on the hunt but I'm all for making it as humane as possible. The vast effort to ban what is a comparatively small matter would be better spent on the much larger and much more disturbing issue of cleaning up the mainstream meat industry. I won't be purchasing that particular product but ethically do I want to support a company that endorses a group I strongly disagree with? If they had chosen to donate the proceeds to Greenpeace I might have even bought one.
- Last August I decided to take part in the city's community garden project. I have been blathering about it ever since and the season does not even start until mid-May. Originally I had grand dreams of making my own strawberry freezer jam. I've always relied on grandmas for my yearly supply but as I get older and they get more scarce I figure I should probably learn how to do it myself. That particular dream was dashed when I learned the difference between an annual and a perennial. So I'll buy the berries for jam but I am going to grow my own peanuts! Damn Skippy.
- As this is a new endeavor I spent last night tossing and turning and thinking of something to say. FYI, I didn't end up going with any of those ideas. All of that pondering led to strange dreams. I had a nightmare that Golden Girls was remade with Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, and Taylor Swift. Jenny Garth played Sophia. In 10 years I want credit if it actually happens.
Monday, March 23, 2009
3 things!
Those of you that have known me online for years now know that I love bullet points. Hence the title. As of this very moment I don't have a real theme in mind so all I'm going to promise is three topics every day or at least until I get bored. It may turn out to be more than three but three is my goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment